phelios27phelios27

Main News Art Reviews Stats

All 10 art Reviews

Pumpkin'n'Bottle Pumpkin'n'Bottle

Very nice still life

Most of this site is saturated with photoshop this adobe that painter blah blah. Anyone who can sit down w nothing but a pencil colored or otherwise is tops in my book. Was there really a dark shadow in the background or did you just use that for contrast? Great shading and depth...especially on the bottle. Simple and elegant. The End.

joe-4-kerr responds:

There was dark canvas at the background, so I drawn it to separate bottle's reflections from the background (yeah, contrast).

This is Goodbye Grandpy This is Goodbye Grandpy

Yet again...

Amazing. Though, I see the pinky finger of the hand seems to disappear. Perhaps its just the shading. I know your intention was to have it flexed...Myself, I know that I probably would've filled the rest of the hand with shading as well. Hands are the greatest obstacle in art and sometimes you can capture their position and motion with shades and tones and,"imply" their existence.

DevOnNewG responds:

Ahahaha, wow. I've had this piece kicking around for a year now and that is the first time I've really noticed that pinky. Damn, thanks man. I know to watch out for it. I should define it a tiny bit more, but that area was dark if I do recall. I have a few pieces where I just didn't do the hands and implied them. Very much like that method lol

City Life City Life

amazing work

besides the human form. Water reflection/refraction is one of the hardest images to capture in my opinion. Well done and executed. I have a sense of outside looking in though in reality it is the opposite.

DevOnNewG responds:

I discovered in this piece that as difficult as it is, once you get the concept. It is one of the easiest and fastest things to do. It's mostly just placement and understanding of how it would mass up. Actually doing the droplets was two tones. :) Effective and convincing clouds are still murder though. As are large bodies of water.

Lady in the water Lady in the water

BEAUTIFUL

Your detail and precision on the hands is amazing. Well done! I also love the innocence with a twinge of mischief in her eyes.

Naked And Cold Naked And Cold

Speechless

A chasm that can never be crossed. The black and white really illustrates the finality of life and death, love and hate, sadness and happiness. Only the heart can travel faster than the speed of light.

jin and ryu jin and ryu

Nice work

It reminds me of what ryu might look like in his "teenage" years. I also get a sense of an "Akira" influence in your work. Might just be my imagination though. Nicely done.

"Who wants some pumpkin pie?" "Who wants some pumpkin pie?"

Great detail but...

There is no sense of urgency or movement. It's hard to tell exactly what Meyers is doing since the knife is drowned out by the crowd of zombies. His knife is his signature as well as his strength and invulnerability. Meyers is angry and displays it through his brutality and when his is angry. He is a hard character to portray great piece of work none the less!!!!

CHAOSWONTON responds:

You give a good point, and "movement" has always been a tough spot for me. I guess one does need to be professionally trained for that. Thanks for your comment.

Sunglasses. Sunglasses.

Awesome!

I think the sky should have been blue...It would've provided great contrast to the reds and yellows...It seems a bit washed out and draws your eye to that vs drawing ones eye to the figure which is superb! :)

ghlow responds:

thanks, i see what you mean, with the red/yellow/blue primary color thing going on. I think the reason it ended up this way is because i originally drew it on a brown background, but i decided to add a blue overtone to it, resulting in a beige color. Finding the perfect tone is always a huge challenge for me, so thanks for the input :D

watch watch

Very nice

I agree with the previous poster about the scanner. I love hand drawn art vs. photoshop etc.

Soldier Soldier

Truly amazing

The only slight detail i noticed was the right leg and uniform. I appears a little flat. I think it just needed a bit more shading. Still a great piece of artwork. I love true sketchwork. It really shows the true talent of the artist.

P.S. To all those who keep saying the American flag is backwards...read a history book. There is a reason it appears that way. Chaaaaaarge!!!!!!