phelios27phelios27

Main News Art Reviews Stats

"Snowfall" "Snowfall"

Nice work!

The animals cracked me up...LOL. Do I detect a Bill Watterson influence in your main character :)

Flight of the Dragonfly Flight of the Dragonfly

Good attempt

A bit to cliche for me taste. Good animation otherwise.

The Last Gift The Last Gift

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAH...*wipes tears* I'm going to show my wife. She'll love it. Great job. I would recommend making his "highness" a bit larger and more fleshed out. I could kind of tell something unexpected was coming. The shadow had a cartoon character look to it.

Death Unicorn of Death Death Unicorn of Death

Not to shabby

I like angry unicorns. Nice game...the bugs that were mentioned I experienced also.

Psychosomnium Psychosomnium

Nice graphics/ controls

I like the graphics and controls. Puzzles weren't actually "puzzles" as you really never needed to solve anything...you just used the same strategy over and over again. The game didn't make sense to me but still pleasant gameplay. I actually liked the "fly" controls. You allowed for "margin of error" which most games don't offer.

ShellShock Live v1.0+ ShellShock Live v1.0+

Love the game...hate the server problems

I play this game on kongregate. I love it and have yet to play a game in this genre with such an easy interface. Simple yet dynamic. However there are continuous problems with server overload, freezing, lag. That is my biggest gripe. It has yet to be recognized by the developer though many players have commented on that very same issue. Still an overall great game.

Pumpkin'n'Bottle Pumpkin'n'Bottle

Very nice still life

Most of this site is saturated with photoshop this adobe that painter blah blah. Anyone who can sit down w nothing but a pencil colored or otherwise is tops in my book. Was there really a dark shadow in the background or did you just use that for contrast? Great shading and depth...especially on the bottle. Simple and elegant. The End.

joe-4-kerr responds:

There was dark canvas at the background, so I drawn it to separate bottle's reflections from the background (yeah, contrast).

This is Goodbye Grandpy This is Goodbye Grandpy

Yet again...

Amazing. Though, I see the pinky finger of the hand seems to disappear. Perhaps its just the shading. I know your intention was to have it flexed...Myself, I know that I probably would've filled the rest of the hand with shading as well. Hands are the greatest obstacle in art and sometimes you can capture their position and motion with shades and tones and,"imply" their existence.

DevOnNewG responds:

Ahahaha, wow. I've had this piece kicking around for a year now and that is the first time I've really noticed that pinky. Damn, thanks man. I know to watch out for it. I should define it a tiny bit more, but that area was dark if I do recall. I have a few pieces where I just didn't do the hands and implied them. Very much like that method lol

City Life City Life

amazing work

besides the human form. Water reflection/refraction is one of the hardest images to capture in my opinion. Well done and executed. I have a sense of outside looking in though in reality it is the opposite.

DevOnNewG responds:

I discovered in this piece that as difficult as it is, once you get the concept. It is one of the easiest and fastest things to do. It's mostly just placement and understanding of how it would mass up. Actually doing the droplets was two tones. :) Effective and convincing clouds are still murder though. As are large bodies of water.